Friday, August 15, 2008

About those chickens

This photo is just before I put the chickens in for the night. A bit blurry but as you can see the chickens have grown fond of the sheep!

The following night when I came down to lock the chickens in it was out of control. They were starting to roost and were all over the barn, high up on beams and posts. Realizing they were running the barn now, I took steps to secure their temporary quarters the following morning. One hen managed to escape the following two nights until I found her escape route. Now they are trained to go in to their coop at dark where they are secure for the overnight.

1 comment:

  1. Training chickens - whoulda thunk? I can't even get the dog to come when I call him! Glad to see the sheep are gathering together...

    ReplyDelete