Sunday, December 02, 2007

Happy birthday to me!


The past couple of days have been absolutely frigid here. It always seems colder before the snow is on the ground but that event is upon us. We are supposed to get at least 4" out of this storm which will put a nice start on the White Christmas theme.


I celebrated my birthday this weekend and had a fine time of it. My friend Debbie came up from the coast on Friday and we had lots of fun. Debbie is a fantastic chef and so Friday she cooked for me here at the farm. We had a fire, drank good wine and watched a dumb movie! Saturday we went north to Norwich, VT to the King Arthur Flour store www.kingarthurflour.com which was great fun. Loads of baking items plus gift ideas and fresh baked goods. A chef's treat for sure. We topped it off with dinner at Nicola's resturant in Keene.


Debbie got on the road mid-day today and is now safe and sound by the sea once again. The snow has started and the sun is down, the sheep have full hay racks and a great shelter from the storm. Jack has been hunting all weekend and we look forward to his arrival! All in all a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Nancy! many happy returns... Hope Jack had a successful hunt. My parents were up from VA this weekend and brought me a venison roast. But then again, I cooked a leg of lamb and two pork loins for them on my smoker.

    ReplyDelete