Monday, May 14, 2007

NH Sheep and Wool Festival~Sunday



We had another picture perfect day Sunday, Mother's Day, for the festival. It started out crsip and a bit breezy but warmed up nicely into the high 60's by noon. I didn't even get to leave my booth all day so didn't get too many pictures. It was a busy day! Across the weekend I did Indigo dyeing to demonstate how it is done. I had lots of interested people, watching, asking questions and realizing it isn't impossible! Indigo seems overwhelming at first but when you learn the right steps that make a successful indigo vat the rest is magical. In a few days when all the skeins have been rinsed and dried I'll post a photo of the colors I dyed.
The top picture took the prize for Sunday! Isn't this just the epitome of what a farm fair embodies? This young 4-Her was calling out the words on the sign, swaying and smiling, doing a great job of persuading customers!
And also, our booth, Long Ridge Farm in the Crowley Bldg, which has now been renamed the Hood Bldg. I will be right there, very same corner next year with more dyeing and maybe some other surprises too! Thank you to all who stopped by, once again!

No comments:

Post a Comment