Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Resolutions




This year I have RESOLVED! to finish up all the fiber projects I have stashed away on my studio shelves. It's a common affliction for fiber addicts like me to have a number of different projects going; one may be simple knitting for times when we don't want to count and think, others may have complex colorways or repeating texture patterns for times we need brain work. This felted market bag fell into the former catagory of easy knitting. It was a one piece pattern from Wool You Order which entailed simple knit and purl stitches. I had started it about a year ago and lost interest as it just went around and around for what seemed forever! It was 112 rows for the body (the base another 42 rows) and then the straps were 170 rows each! Knit, knit, knit, knit, knit! One picture shows it pre-felted next to a regular sized book (which is a great read about one of our local veterinarians, Chuck Shaw and his large and small animal vet practice, A Country Practice. Available everywhere). The other picture is the completed project next to my loyal companion, Shelley, and wool lover!

No comments:

Post a Comment